Oh, the good ol' tuna salad. It is an easy favorite among all types of people! Our delicious recipe omits the mayonnaise and is AIP friendly. On top of that, it's beginner friendly too: no cooking skills are required!
To better health, enjoy!
YIELD: Serves 2-4
- Mixed greens
- 2 cans of wild, sustainable tuna in water (BPA free cans), drained well
- 1 celery branch, diced small
- 1 small apple, diced
- ¼ onion, diced small
- 1-2 tablespoon of coconut cream
- 1-2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional (NOT AIP): ½ teaspoon of curry powder and a dash of cayenne
- Wash and prep celery, onion, and apple. Drain tuna. Add everything into a bowl.
- When opening a can of coconut cream, scoop out the cream with a spoon. You can drain the liquid and use it for another recipe.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl. Mix well. Season to taste.
- If you are not following the AIP diet, you can add in curry powder and cayenne for some extra "oomph" and then mix well.
- Serve atop mixed greens, or a salad of your choice.